Ingwe ('leopard') missile is a laser guided, therefore jam-resistant, beam-rider missile with a tandem warhead that will penetrate up to 1000 mm of Rolled Homogeneous Armour (RHA) after a single layer of reactive armour. The warhead ensures effective target neutralisation. The missile automatically determines its own position in the laser beam and manoeuvres onto the line of sight. It has crossfire capability from adjacent platforms with high-speed launch from helicopter platforms and fire-on-the-move from land platforms.
The system is designed to ensure that it can be installed easily on most aircrafts in either standard two-or-four-missile configuration. Electrical integration with aircraft avionics is achieved with standard serial communication interfaces.
- Multi-purpose missile for use by infantry, armoured or helicopter forces against modern threats
- Crossfire capability from adjacent platforms
- High-speed launch from helicopter platforms
- Fire-on-the-move from land platforms
- High countermeasure resistance
- High-accuracy laser beam-riding guidance
- Short- and long-range application (250 m to 5 000 m)
- Easy to use, with automatic target tracking
- Low maintenance cost
Principle of Operation
Ingwe uses laser beam-riding guidance. The missile automatically determines its own position in the laser beam and manoeuvres onto the line of sight. The missile follows the line of sight until the target is hit. The warhead ensures effective target neutralisation.
The sighting system can vary from a non-stabilised optical sight for light vehicles to a more complex and integrated stabilized day/ night sight for moving platforms such as helicopters. Automatic target-tracking modules can be added to ensure fully automatic missile guidance after target lockon by the operator.
The system is designed to ensure that it can be installed easily on most aircraft in either standard two or four-missile configuration. Electrical integration with aircraft avionics is achieved with standard serial communication interfaces.
Other platform options include heavy IFV turrets fitted with stabilised sighting systems, to light vehicle and even tripod-mounted solutions.
- Missile mass : 28.5 kg
- Missile diameter : 127 mm
- Missile length : 1 750 mm
- Penetration : up to 1 000 mm in RHA (with ERA)
- Range : 250 m to beyond 5 000 m