Precision-guided Bomb Kit
Al Tariq is a family of strap-on bomb kit systems, used on Mk81 and Mk82 bombs. Al Tariq provides the user with all-weather, day or night operational capabilities, utilising GPS/INS guidance or Imaging Infrared (IIR) with complete Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) capability, or a Semi-active Laser (SAL) seeker. The system can also be fitted with an RF proximity fuse for area targeting, using a pre- fragmented warhead. It is autonomous target acquisition with stand-off range.
- Autonomous target acquisition with long stand-off range.
- Wing kit or motors may be added to increase stand-off range and low-level (straight and level) launch capability.
- Programmable attack angle up 0 to 90 (straight from above).
- Different adaptations possible, including seekers, fuzes and warheads, utilising a common airframe.
- Range over 100 km (depending on configuration)
- Accuracy as low as 3 m CEP (laser or IIR)
- Warhead: MK81, MK82 and variants
- Large launch envelope
- Wireless integration capability with the launch aircraft
- Fully autonomous operation once released
- Modular system
- Low maintenance and life-cycle cost
- Minimal logistics equipment
- Ease of use
- Extended Range (ER) module can increase range to 200 km
Typical Missions and Targets
- Offensive counter-air, e.g. hardened aircraft shelters, runway cratering, runway denial, aircraft on tarmac.
- Battlefield interdiction, e.g. air defence units, surface-to-air missile launchers, supply columns (trucks).
- Deep battlefield interdiction, e.g. buildings, bridges and refineries, industrial areas.
- Close air support, e.g. troops, artillery.