For enhanced situational awareness
This small UAV has an all-composite, low-drag blended wing design that ensures optimum performance. It is fitted with a day or night payload. The communications link on-board the UAV enables real-time communication up to 100 km from base. The UAV is catapult-launched and skid-landed.
The UAV has an all-composite,low-drag design that ensures optimum performance. It is catapult-launched and skid-landed. Hungwe offers the following features:
- Wing span of 4m
- MTOW of 35 kg
- Direct Line-of-sight range of 100 km
- Up to 6 h endurance
- Up to 12 000 ft service ceiling
- Up to 5 kg day and night mission payload (fuel excluded)
- Piloted and autonomous flight capability
The system comprises:
- Two Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- One Ground Control Station (GCS)
- Two payloads
- A launcher
- Field support equipment
Ground Control Station
The GCS is portable, quick to set up and easy to use. It consists of the following components:
Flight Management System, used for:
- Mission planning
- UAV control
- Payload control
- Status monitoring
- Video display
Antenna tripod, used for:
- Transmission and reception of the radio frequency signal
- Tracking the UAV The GCS can easily be installed into a vehicle according to operational requirements and to provide for high mobility of the system.
A few applications of the Hungwe are:
- Border patrol
- Anti-piracy operations
- Game park surveillance
- Battlefield support
- Law enforcement
- Search and rescue
- Pipeline surveillance
- Can be operational within one hour of arriving at the deployment site.
- Can be disassembled and transported within less than an hour.
- Is capable of being operated by a crew of two Hungwe is transportable in one single commercial 4 x 4 vehicle.
- Overall dimensions of 3.0 m wingspan, 2.0 m (L) and 0.45 m (H) ensures portability and a small footprint.